Monday, March 16, 2009

Averi's SIX Months Old!

Can you believe it? I hate saying it, because it seems so cliche, but the time really has flown. It doesn't seem possible that so much time has passed since she was born. She really is the sweetest little girl and brings so much joy to our lives.

She had a doctor's appointment today, and she's dropped down to the 25th percentile in weight, but the doctor said she wasn't worried about it, since nursing babies frequently do that around this age. We just need to focus on feeding her high calorie baby foods like sweet potatoes and bananas and keep an eye on her.

Here are her stats:
Weight: 14 lbs, 8 oz
Height 26.5 inches (I think)
Head: 75th percentile! Our babies all have very large heads!

Funny story...after Averi had her shots, she was really upset, so I was nursing her in the doctor's office before we left. The doctor came in, sat down, got out her stethoscope, and said, "So what are we in for today?" I was extremely confused and said, "Um, Dr. Longfield, we've already seen you today...?" She was mortified, but I just started laughing. "Oh, my gosh," she said, "I'm SO sorry! I've been on call this entire weekend and I'm so tired! I've never done this before. I'm so sorry!" Then she started laughing so hard she was crying. It was quite funny. Now that I type it out, it doesn't seem as funny as it was then, but trust me on this one.

So we had to do a six month photo shoot, of course. Averi was definitely not in the mood, but I managed to capture a few good ones.




2 comments:

Jen Kesler said...

Love the photos!!

Ms. Ashley Barnes said...

She's so cute! I can't wait to see you guys in June.