Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Huge Milestone!

I just wanted everyone to know that Averi said her first word today! She learned how to wave bye-bye over the weekend, and she LOVES doing it. She'll even pick up my hand and shake it when she wants me to wave to her. Well, this evening, Aaron was holding her and I was waving, and when I asked her if she could wave bye, she said, "Buh." Aaron and I looked and each other, and asked her again to wave bye-bye. This time she said "Buh buh." And she looked pleased as punch. Now she says it every time we ask her if she can say bye-bye. So totally adorable.

Summary of our kids' first words:
Katie: dog
Paul: granola bar (I promise, this was actually his first word. It's always about the food with him.)
Averi: bye

Notice there's not a mama or a dada in there. I refuse to ask myself what this indicates about my parenting.

FYI: Averi's also cutting her first tooth. Such a big week for such a little girl!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Paul's first word is a great memory. I remember that Katie asked for a granola bar, and when she got one, you could tell that a light had just gone off in Paul's head. He realized that there was a connection between what Katie said and getting a granola bar.

So, he tentatively, and a bit incredulously, said, "Ba-boba ba?" And he was thrilled when it actually worked.

Laura said...

It's always about food with boys, isn't it? Congrats on the first word, cutting teeth, and saying good-bye. They grow so fast!

Jen Kesler said...

How fun is that with little Averi, she is so cute!! It cracks me up about Paul's first word having to do with food...such a boy!

Stef said...

Granola bar?! That is AWESOME! And maybe your little one will be a flight attendant...buhbye..buhbye..or not.
What fun!!

Cindy said...

Yay! Doesn't it seem like the first words of subsequent children just pop out of nowhere!? I felt like it took forever for Landon to say something and then with Parker I was like "wait, what!?". So cute!

Ms. Ashley Barnes said...

Aww, so cute! I wouldn't worry about the fact your kids didn't say mama or dada first--who wants your kids to be cliche!

I cannot wait to see you guys in about two weeks!

Laura said...

We're going to be here for two months. We'd love to get together with you guys! My e-mail is lcarlston through g-mail.