Sunday, November 1, 2009

The witch got Dorothy in our version...

I'm back after weeks of non-stop sewing. Seriously, if you want to sew four costumes, start earlier than the second week of October. Or you'll be sewing until 5:45 the night of the trunk or treat party that starts at 6. Not good. But our kids were absolutely adorable, and I think Aaron and I looked pretty good too, if I do say so myself. We chose a Wizard of Oz theme. Aaron was the scarecrow, I was the Wicked Witch, Katie was Glinda, Paul was the Cowardly Lion, and Averi was Dorothy. Katie was very concerned that we didn't have another boy to be the tin man, but the crisis was averted when one showed up at the trunk or treat. Another piece of advice: the 99 cent green grease paint isn't even worth that much. It was the worst makeup I've ever used. It wouldn't go on well at all, so it took about a million coats to get a green hue. It was also the shiniest, slimiest paint ever. And it wouldn't come off. I washed my face at least five times (included a pass with eye makeup remover) and I still was tinted green. Ugh! But here we are in all our cuteness...




Averi was not in a picture taking mood. This was the best shot I got of her; you can see her darling ruby slippers.

This is what I saw most of the time I was trying to get a decent photo of her...





Adorable. Just adorable.


That darn crown was the bane of Katie's existence during the trunk or treat dance. It kept falling off or even slipping down around her face completely. She didn't want to take it off because then she wouldn't be so "Glinda," but eventually she relented.


10 comments:

selway2005 said...

wow...that's dedication! I'm so impressed with your talents, Chelsea. I'm sure that was a memorable family night! We spent Halloween in our home, having dinner with friends and playing games, but we did go to the ward party the night before. Eve was a ballerina dancer/starlet and I was a marathon runner, with Sophie as my coach (Levi was working at a clinic).

Dora Thomas said...

I always admired families that go with the theme costumes, I am so lazy to get my self dress up. Cute, cute all of you.

Brad and Lisa said...

Wow you are so amazing! Is there anything you can't do? :) You guys looked adorable!

Jess & Jessica said...

Chelsea , you did an amazing job on the costumes. Little Paul is so adorable as the lion. Your kiddos are way too cute!

Cindy said...

Those are some seriously awesome costumes missy! Everyone looks fantastic - I wish you had a picture of your face after you tried to wash off the make-up...haha. So fun!

Guiselle said...

I can't believe you made those costumes! I love the family theme. Will and I didn't dress up this year. I was going to paint an 8 on my black shirt and go as an "8 ball" with my huge belly, but ended up not doing it. Cute pictures! Love it!!

Ms. Ashley Barnes said...

Well, they turned out perfectly, Chels, even Aaron's costume (even though I didn't really see that much of it). You guys are awesome; give the kids kisses from me, and give Aaron a hug!

The Frosts said...

You for sure win the award for cutest costumes ever. My favorite was the Glinda costume. Great work. I hope you've been able to catch up on the rest of your life this week!

Brian said...

Chels -- Once again you make your dad grateful for having suc a talented duaghter. All of the costumes were excellent. Dorothy was preceious, Glinda was spectacular, The cowardly lion was lovable, the scarcrow looked like he ws educated and Elsaba was righteous. I know you worked so hard on them and I do hope that you enjoyed the time you had together. I dressed up as the grumpy old man (wow did that take effort). Take care and I love you lots. Give hugs and kisses to the rest of the crew. -- Dad

The Reynolds said...

Sweet costumes! You all look great! Looks like you had a fun time at the party. I love catching up with your fam!