Saturday, February 19, 2011

Happy birthday to me!

I celebrated my 28th birthday last week with my adoring family.  Aaron made a special dinner that’s becoming a tradition: fish tacos and mini Boston cream pies.  YUM!  It gave us a chance to bust out the deep fryer that Aaron got for his birthday last year.  And boy was that fish good!  Of course, our house smelled like a pub for three days, but it was definitely worth it.

Katie took all the photos that evening, and she did a pretty good job!

DSC_2727-1 

I’ve got an odd smile on, but maybe that’s just because I was so impatient to eat my taco.

DSC_2730-1

Yes, Averi is totally naked here.  She wanted to wear her birthday suit to my birthday dinner.

DSC_2732-1

Paul loves fish, so he was in heaven with this meal.  And no pictures of Katie since she was behind the camera.

DSC_7076

And the mini Boston cream pies.  So very very very yummy.

I got very spoiled for my birthday, as usual.  Aaron’s parents got me a place setting of the Lenox Chirp china that I’ve been collecting:

 

My parents got a joint birthday present for me and Aaron: A Blendtec Total Blender!  I have loved using that thing.  It made my other wimpy blender run home and cry because it had a major inferiority complex.

I got several fun things from my sweetie, but my big present was a series of sewing and costume design classes!  I’m so excited about these.  He’s always so great at coming up with thoughtful gifts. 

All in all, 27 was pretty great.  Here’s hoping that 28 is even better!

0 comments: