Sunday, November 16, 2008

Photo Shoot

Since Averi is two months old today, I decided to try and set up a real photo shoot with Averi in our garage. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. We had to be creative: Aaron was very clever and used the sunshade for the van as a reflector to fill in; we used a white sheet for a backdrop; and we set up his work lights for additional lighting.

Here are some of my favorite photos:









These are straight out of the camera. I was too excited to share them and had to post them before I had a chance to play around with them in Lightroom. I love how they turned out and I can't wait until my--OUR--new Nikon D40 arrives!

ETA: I just wanted to show an example of what can be done in Adobe Lightroom.

10 comments:

Kathi said...

These are absolutely beautiful Chels!!!

Mary said...

Aww how sweet, love them all but I'm biased cuz I love baby pics.

Wonderfully shot.

Annie said...

Adorb!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, these are gorgeous!

Kresta said...

Beautiful!!!!!

Jess & Jessica said...

Ches, these pictures came out GREAT!!! I love them. That butt shot is so cute. Baby bums are the cutest. :)

Brad and Lisa said...

I had no idea that you were a talented photographer as well... is there anything you can't do? Those pictures are adorable!

Guiselle said...

Your baby is soooooo cute!!!!

Unknown said...

When we shot those pictures, I was worried that the lighting wouldn't be quite right. But, now that I look at them, I think the shadows on the sheet look kinda cool.

Anonymous said...

Chels -- these are teriffic. Now we need some new pictures of my other grandbaby's soon. The blog is being dominated by Averi and I want to see some pictures of my grandson! Seriously all of the kids are great and I'm so looking forward to coming home for christmas and just being grandpa for two weeks. I like that title a lot. -- Dad