Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I love Mother's Day. It's a perfect time for everyone to reflect on how wonderful I am!

Just kidding. Sort of.

We did have a great Mother's Day weekend. Most celebrations around here a pretty low key, which is nice. You don't have to get stressed out about finding the one and only perfect present for your beloved (I did get an extremely nice watch, though). We don't throw huge parties, and it's really just a nice time to be together.

On Friday, Aaron took Katie and Paul to the Fathers and Sons (and daughters that might feel left out) Campout. Whoever in the EQ presidency came up with hosting this on Mother's Day weekend is a genius. I LOVED having some quiet time to myself. I got to finish up a few projects, organized a closet, played with my new sewing machine, took a bubble bath, talked to my mom, and read. It was sheer bliss.

On Sunday Aaron made me a lovely dinner, and for dessert we all made flower cupcakes together. It was such a fun project to do with the kids, since there were so many parts they could really participate in. And they turned out so cute!



Paul, being 100% himself, got very into his cupcake. Literally.


Katie, being herself, thought Paul was hilarious, but wasn't quite up to making the mess he did.


I love my kiddos!



Averi and Paul, partners in crime:



1 comments:

Stef said...

Love the cupcakes...love the messy faces more! Cute!!