Sunday, December 18, 2011

Today we…

Listened: to the kids belt out “Santa Claus is Coming to Town.” Just one more week, and they couldn’t be more excited!

Ate: orange cream fudge, delicious caramel popcorn, and chocolate chip pie with vanilla ice cream.  Oh, yeah, baby.  That’s what I’m talking about.

Drank: a cold glass of milk to finish off our pie.

Wore: matching (well, coordinating) dresses for the girls, a handsome shirt and sweater for Paul, and a cute dress and cardigan for Bridget.  I tried to do my hair in a Gibson tuck for a fun change.  I watched the video and it looked extremely (deceptively, some would say) simple.  It would not stay in for the life of me, which resulted in our being far later to church than we should be.

Felt: ready for a vacation!

Talked about the weather: supremely gorgeous and sunny!  It’s weekends like this that make me love Albuquerque.

Wanted: a jalapeno popper grilled cheese sandwich.  Simply the best sandwich EVER.

Needed: a nap. And the kids were all obliging enough to let us take one, after a few false starts.

Thought: about what I needed to get done tomorrow. Gingerbread houses are on the calendar, so we need to get to the store to buy the ingredients for the dough.  Also need to get to Hobby Lobby to get some final things to finish up the play kitchen we’re making.  Kids have a Christmas party for their art class, so I need to grab some sort of present for their teachers, and we’re going caroling in the evening, which means I need to make a few dozen cookies.  Fun but busy day!

Enjoyed: talking to our family on the web cam.  The kids look forward to it so much.

1 comments:

Stef said...

Beautiful weather on Sunday...leads to winter storm advisories my Monday. Gotta love Albuquerque. And I have never tried orange fudge....but you can bet I will be. And I am sure your hair looked fAbulous...as it always does.