Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pumpkin Patches in January

Yes, I’m still behind. I’m always behind.

We went the pumpkin patch for Averi’s preschool. It had been several years since we’d been to the pumpkin patch in Moriarty, so I was very glad to be able to go this year, even if we couldn’t go with all the kids. Here is Averi the last time she was at McCall’s:

IMG_6115

And here she is in 2012:

DSC_8531

Such a cutie!

(I realized my white balance was off after I had taken all these pictures. Guess I should have looked. They all have a slight purple tinge to them. I could easily correct them, but then I’d never get them posted. So here they are in all their violet glory.)

DSC_8535

Miss Bridget got to come along too. She LOVED the hayride and all the animals in the petting zoo. The only problem is that she thinks every single animal is a dog, and that it barks. It’s pretty funny to hear her “woof woof”-ing at a cow.

 DSC_8543

Choosing the perfect pumpkin.

DSC_8546

DSC_8549

Averi’s hair is always in her face. And she will rarely let me pull it back or clip it, so it’s always a tangled, sticky mess.

DSC_8551

The kids were told they had to find a pumpkin that they could carry. It looks like Averi just reached the threshold.

DSC_8556

DSC_8558

Bridget being thrilled. She loves being in her stroller. Whenever she sees it in the garage, she pats it and asks, “Peas? Peas?” Poor thing. I don’t take her on walks nearly enough.

DSC_8560

DSC_8562

The kids were fascinated by this chair. They couldn’t believe anything could be so huge.

DSC_8567

DSC_8570

Annual tradition of the photo at the pumpkin patch growth chart.

DSC_8576

Petting the goats (Mom’s favorites!).

DSC_8580

We had to pose at every single cutout we came across.

DSC_8583

DSC_8585

DSC_8587

Beautiful New Mexico autumn skies. It’s hard to find that bluest of blues anywhere else.

DSC_8590

At the top of the tower in the middle of the corn maze. We always called it the Rameumptom when I was at BYU. Yes, we were and still are total dorks.

DSC_8594

DSC_8597

I love this girl. Isn’t she so incredibly beautiful. If Averi weren’t so shy, I think she’d be an awesome model.

DSC_8599

Love this girl too. She makes my world go round these days!

DSC_8603

We loved our little trip to the pumpkin patch. I will be so sad when the kids grow out of it. But they still haven’t lost interest, so we’ll be coming for many more years.

0 comments: