Thursday, December 10, 2009

Coat Closet Mysteries

So I've made a goal to organize one thing and prepare one thing for our trip each day before we leave next Friday. So today's organizing task was the coat closet. I'm truly appalled at how much stuff we crammed in there. Just for me, the running total is one leather coat with faux fur (totally gorgeous, but sooooo warm it's almost impossible to wear), one leather jacket (from Italy, but so worn it's looking very shabby), a cream trench coat, a coral trench coat (just scored that one for less than $20 and I love it!), THREE long wool coats, one everyday coat, one corduroy jacket, one squall jacket, one light jacket, three sweaters, and a pair of ski bibs. This is not including hats, gloves, or scarves.

What on earth....????? We live in ALBUQUERQUE. It snows about five times a year here, and calling some of those weather-related episodes "snows" is being extremely generous. Do I really need 14 coats? Really? But they're all so nice I hate to give them away (with the exception of the leather, but that is so nostalgic I don't think I can part with it). I think I need an intervention.

And if someone could explain why I have three boxes and five cans of food storage in the COAT closet, I'd appreciate it. Or why the play tent is in there. It's a complete mystery.

1 comments:

Stef said...

You must have the junk magnet that I have in mine. I am constantly asking the same question: "Who thought it was a good idea to put this in here!?!!"