Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Gifts

My parents sent me this beautiful bouquet of tulips for Mother's Day. I love flowers, and I was beyond thrilled (and surprised!) to get these. They look beautiful on our kitchen table and make me smile every time I walk past them.

DSC_8205

DSC_8204

DSC_8210

They also came with chocolates. Paul asked if I was planning on sharing, but I’m completely selfish. No way!

I’m really enjoying gardening. For those of you who don’t know, I’m a sun worshipper, and I love being outdoors, so gardening seems to be a perfect fit. Aaron got me a beautiful large container, and I’m really having fun planning what I’m going to plant in it. AND he made blueberry pancakes from scratch with homemade strawberry sauce and bacon for breakfast. With 9 o'clock church, no less. And right now he's frying up some cod for fish tacos. Yum!!! And he made FRESHLY SQUEEZED strawberry lemonade. Sorry ladies, but I seriously have the best husband ever.

Katie put together a fun little book in her Joy School class, and she’s been asking all week when Sunday was so she could give it to me. It’s such a sweet little gift from the heart, and she’s so proud of it.

And this was Paul’s Mother’s Day present:

DSC_8212

DSC_8219

See that chunk out of the spatula? That’s where the metal MELTED. I am SO grateful this had a wooden handle, or we might have been spending Mother’s Day in the emergency room. He just HAD to do this. I caught him earlier this week trying to stick a screwdriver into one upstairs. I think this might have scared him enough that he won’t try it again. Oh, and in my defense, nearly all of my plugs have protectors on them. I had been vacuuming, so this one was out. And Averi, who the protectors are for, has never tried anything. Just Paul. Always Paul. I love him…really. I do.

2 comments:

Stef said...

Those flowers are beautiful! Great shots. Your gifts from your children are so telling... A thoughtfully crafted book and a "Oh My Goodness" type gift. The difference between boys and girls is innate. So glad nothing REALLY bad happened there. Except the death of your spatula...sniffles.

Ms. Ashley Barnes said...

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day, Chelsey! I love you!