Sunday, October 23, 2011

Third article of faith according to Paul

Rdicl uf fath 3

We belev [that] throo the tomit uv cr[ist] ol mencind ma be savd bi obedi[ence] to the los and ordunitsis of the gospol.

(I added the words that he forgot or didn’t finish.  He did say them all when he read it to me, though.)

Proper translation:

Article of Faith 3: We believe that through the atonement of Christ all mankind may be saved by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel.

Pretty good, huh?  I especially loved the spelling of ordinances.  He did this while he was playing, not as part of an assignment.  It’s amazing what kids pick up on.  There are some times when I think that I haven’t taught much in homeschool.  And then there are times like these, when my pre-k son presents a transcription of the third article of faith.  Or the other day when we were listening to some classical music in the car and Averi (who’s three) said, “This isn’t Mozart.  Mozart goes like…” and then she proceeded to hum the first few measures of Eine Kleine Nachtmusik. 

I think I’ll give myself a little pat on the back and keep on for a while.

1 comments:

Ms. Ashley Barnes said...

You're an amazing mom, Chelsey! I hope I can be as good as you and Heather are one day. I love you!