Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Paul’s Interview for his 6th Birthday

My favorite food is: fish, especially salmon
My favorite movie is: Star Wars
The coolest person on Earth is:
My favorite thing to learn about is: reading
The thing I’m great at is: building stuff
If I could go anywhere, it would be: Hinkle Family Fun Center
My favorite color is: blue
My favorite superhero is: Superman
When I grow up, I’m going to be a(n): author
My favorite song is: the Star Wars songs
A book I love is: my Lego comics
When I was little, I used to: make a mess
My favorite time of year is: Christmas
The snack I like best is: mini cheese balls
One food that I really don’t like is: eggs
My best friend is: Jacob (someone in his class that I’ve never heard him mention before)
If I had one wish, it would be: to fly
My favorite phrase is: dun dun dun dun da dun dun da dun (the Star Wars theme)
My favorite treat is: black forest cake
My favorite toy is: Star Wars action figures

Paul is an excellent student and doing really well in school. His school tries to let the students learn at their own pace, and this has been great for Paul. He's actually been moved up to the 2nd/3rd grade class (technically he's still in Kingergarten) because he was just flying through the material. "My boy Paul is wicked smaht." This is good in many respects, but I do feel that he's picking up some negative behaviors from the older boys, so we're really having to keep an eye on that. I do think that part of it is just the going-to-school transition. Katie went through the same belligerent phase when she started Kindergarten. Of course, we did pull her out of school and homeschooled, so we're not sure how long this will last since we've never let it run its course. When he's not being a stinker, he's a very loving boy. He dotes on his baby Bridget, and he and Katie are still inseparable.  He and Averi tend to bring out the worst in each other, but I'd like to think that they're getting better. He loves his gymnastics class and likes to practice at home a lot.

DSC_8491
DSC_8481
DSC_8485
New bike that actually fits him! And yes, neither our six- nor our seven-year-old know how to ride a bike without training wheels. We’re terrible parents.

0 comments: