Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Saturday Morning Cartoon Party

We threw Paul’s party just two weeks after Averi’s party. I had the idea for this party a long time ago, and it was super simple to execute. I already had the ruffled crepe paper saved from another party, and the only food prep was popping Pop-Tarts in the toaster after a trip to Wal-Mart. So easy, but so fun.

DSC_8493

The breakfast spread. The kids went crazy about being able to pick out whatever sugared cereals they wanted. This is a very rare event in our house. We also had muffins, doughnut holes, Pop-Tarts, bananas, milk and orange juice.

DSC_8497

After the first round of TV watching (Phineas and Ferb, I think), we went outside for a rousing pillowcase race. I love Albuquerque September mornings!

DSC_8502

DSC_8513

Our somewhat ghetto setup. Six-year-olds don’t mind at all.

 DSC_8517

Present opening. This boy got some NICE presents. I definitely have an inferiority complex about my birthday gifts now.

DSC_8520

Rice Krispie Treat “birthday cake.” Easiest cake ever!

Happy birthday, six-year-old! We love you, Paul!

0 comments: