Thursday, April 12, 2012

Having kids is the best

I just need to share this quick story. I’ve been a little…overwhelmed. To say the least. Trying to be a good wife, feed and dress my family of six, laundering all their clothing, preparing dinner, keeping one house show ready, being chauffer, and on and on all while remodeling another house is stressful. Today I asked Paul to put the groceries for dinner in the front seat of the car. I’m not sure what happened, but the moment I opened the door the bag feel out and unopened Costco-sized jars of green olives and artichokes shattered. There goes dinner. I just lost it and had to go cry. When I was brave enough to leave the room, I found these slipped under the door.

Grocery List from Paul001

It was a collaborative effort by Paul and Katie. Notice the green olives and artichokes (a.k.a. “ortcoks”) on the “sopping list.” It made me laugh and instantly brightened my day. Thank you, kids.

2 comments:

Ms. Ashley Barnes said...

Oh my gosh, stop it! They are too adorable! I hope I have kids as cute as that one day.

Meg said...

That is so cute! Your kids are just too dang sweet. They love their Mom!